Hey dolls, I decided to try my hand at being vegan for lent but I wanted to share one of my favourite recipes for meat lovers. I’ve made these for myself and family members before and I think it’s a great healthy alternative to the traditional beef burger.
- lean turkey mince (enough for 1 large burger)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 gluten free bagel, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce
- salt & pepper to season
- 2 large flat mushrooms, stalks removed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- avocado, sliced
- tomato, thinly sliced
- spinach or rocket, stalks removed (I think this is much nicer than lettuce)
- gherkins, sliced
- Preheat oven at 180-200 degrees.
- Combine the mince, shallot, egg, BBQ sauce, salt & pepper together making sure everything is mixed well.
- Add the grated bagel to help bind and create your burger.
- Take a frying pan, add the oil and heat gently.
- Take the 2 flat mushrooms and pop them on an oven tray and place in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the oil is heated gently place the burger in the pan (we don’t want any splash back) and cook on a medium heat.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven making sure you drain them of all the fluid.
- To plate up place one of the mushrooms top down in a plate, pop your burger on top, followed by your chosen garnishes and any low fat sauces if you like though homemade is always going to be better (I love American mustard, BBQ sauce or low fat mayonaise). Finally add the remaining Mushroom and there you have it! A scrummy healthy burger that is to die for.
Fries or Wedges
- 1 sweet potato
- salt & pepper to season
- extra virgin olive oil
- Slice the potato into either wedges or fries, which ever you prefer really.
- Place in a microwaveable dish and lightly coat in olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Place the dish in the microwave for 3-4 minutes.
- Once finished place the fries on a tray and place in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 25 minutes to make crispy. Make sure you check on them, and turn them so they don’t burn.
- Once crisp, plate your fries up with the burger and enjoy!
Hey dolls! with Valentines Day nearly upon us I thought it would be fun to share some of my fashion picks for date night. From a casual cinema date to a romantic dinner for two, I’ve pick my favorite items from the high street.
Red textured patterned crop top – Black floral print wrap high-waisted shorts – suede court shoe – square clutch with slanted zip – green enamel statement necklace – #celfie box clutch – white black crepe bodycon dress – black & white plimsole – ponte blazer – RARE metal toe sandals (similar here) – White vest with low scoop back – Topshop Joni jeans – Black gold flecked statement necklace
Hey dolls, it’s a little late but it’s monthly favourites time! This month I decided to focus on beauty products that I’ve been using religiously.
Dolce & Gabbana The One is just mmm. It’s a such a sexy fragrance and I’ve had so many compliments when I’ve worn it. I love it! Definitely one of my favourite all time fragrances.I’ve been using Olay’s 7 in one day cream every day this month, I’ve found to be one of the best moisturisers on the high street for my skin type, I have combination/oily skin and I’ve found it incredibly difficult to find a moisturiser that keeps my skin relatively matte through the day but this has been a God send, especially when paired with The Body Shops vitmain E serum in oil; I use this oil day and night and it’s helped minimize oiliness during the day.On my feet I’ve been using Boots Gorgeous Feet rapid cracked heel repair cream it’s not great and I hate talking about them but sometimes I get dry feet (we all do calm down) I especially get dry heels and the last thing I want during Summer is to have cracked heels so I use this cream because it’s incredibly moisturising and makes my feet fell ridiculously soft all day which is a win in my book. I’ve been in love with two nail polishes this month; Nails Inc: Hanover Square which is a gorgeous deep burgandy colour and I think it’s a perfect colour for Autumn & Winter I found it went perfectly with Essie: Summit of Style I’m not normally a fan of glitzy polishes/clothes or accessories but for some reason I was really drawn to this polish the second I saw it.During the Winter months I tend to get dry lips (luckily it’s rare that they get chapped) and I’ve been using Nivea Lip Butter: vanilla and macadamia over the last few weeks. I love anything vanilla so this was a must when I was looking for a new lip balm. I love the smell and how it feels on my lips, it’s not a greasy lip product and it doesn’t dry my lips out. It’s been fab!
Hey dolls! So, here it is month 2 of my happiness project and I’m feeling pretty pumped about it. I’ve managed to stick to a healthy diet, since I had a relapse with my colitis last month I’ve adopted a clean eating diet as I want to make sure I’m being as healthy as possible with what I’m putting in my body, this includes cutting gluten and dairy out of my diet, however because I’m only human I allow myself one YOLO meal a week just so I don’t go crazy and fall off the wagon completely. Also on a side note I’m thinking of maybe becoming vegan for lent.. What do you think? Last year I became vegetarian and I stuck with it for a good 9 months before I started eating meat again but i felt really good while I was doing it so I’m feeling like more of a challenge this time. But anyway I digress, I thought long and hard about what I wanted to work on this month.
Read 1 book a month. When I was younger I used to read all the time, I absolutely loved the feeling of accomplishment when I finished a book. Somehow over the years I’ve lost my enthusiasm for books and I’m not sure why. When I find a book I’m excited to read I won’t put it down but it’s building myself up to want to read a book in the first place that I seem to struggle with, I’ve become quite lazy in that if I know there’s a film adaptation I’ll watch the film instead (I know it’s shameful, I still get annoyed by people who haven’t read any of the Harry Potter books because “why bother when the films are out??”). Over the last three months or so I’ve been buying books that I know I want to read but since buying them I’ve avoided actually starting any of them, or if I have started them I haven’t gotten far enough into them to get myself hooked. This is what I want to change. I want to get back to how it felt when I was a kid finishing a book and being really pleased with myself and feeling buzzed because I can’t wait to start another.
Write a blog post once a week. I really enjoy reading blog posts and I love the feeling when I publish a new post but sometimes I find it so incredibly difficult to concentrate or get motivated enough to write one that I just procrastinate. I really want to get into the flow of writing regular posts. I’d like to mix it up and write some recipe posts, beauty, lifestyle and even fashion posts.
Socialise more with friends. I’m a bit of a home body and I’ve always chosen a quiet night in over a night on the town but recently I’ve had a couple of nights out with both friends from work and a girls night out and I really enjoyed myself so I’d really like to go out more often and spend more time out and about with friends.