Hey dolls! I made this pesto for the first time at the weekend and I can’t believe how much tastier it is than store bought pesto. Not to mention much healthier for you as well so I just had to post the recipe.
- 100g pine nuts
- 200ml olive oil
- 30g fresh basil
- juice of 2 lemons
- pinch of pink himalayan salt
- 2 tsp frozen crushed garlic (or 2 cloves fresh garlic)
- add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- pour over whole wheat pasta or brown rice pasta dish, serve and enjoy.
Hey dolls! I have been incredibly rubbish in keeping you all updated on my happiness project the last couple of months so I decided to catch you all up on what’s been happening in my life recently and what I’ve been trying to achieve the last few months.
- Spring clean the kitchen cupboards – Becoming vegan this year has been a challenge but I’ve really enjoyed it and I have been loving every minute of it. However my cupboards have definitely need a clear out as they still have a large amount f food that isn’t the healthiest. I decided that I should have a clear out and re-stock the kitchen with healthy food. I am obsessed with juices and smoothies at the moment so I’ve been buying loads of fruit and veg.
- Work out at least three times a week – I really want to get in shape and become fitter for summer and for my holiday in September, so I’ve been trying to do some intense resistance training 3 times a week. I am feeling better for exercising regularly.
- Practice yoga everyday – I love yoga so I’ve been trying to practice yoga first thing in the morning and before I go to bed at night. Depending on how much time I have in the morning when getting ready for depends on the length of my yoga routine. Sometimes I manage a full sun salutation otherwise I get in a quick 10 minute routine just to wake myself up and get myself ready for the day.
- Meet new people – I suffer with pretty major social anxiety so I’ve wanted to start meeting new people so that I can help myself work through it. I tend to avoid social situations when I can and find I tend to make excuses for not wanting to go out. But in the last three weeks I have been out and socialised with some really nice people and after the initial nerve wracking feeling (and a couple of drinks) I relaxed and found myself enjoying being out.
- Move house – I will be moving at the end of June so I’ve been looking for a new place and though I’m excited to move, I get really bored of looking for houses/flats and not to mention nervous about the whole moving process (I always freak out thinking that I’m going to forget to pack everything and leave something behind) I know what you’re thinking and yes I am a special bean.
- Get more sleep – My sleep patterns are messed up majorly. I’m not sure why but I have trouble falling to sleep at appropriate times and then I can never get up in the morning (meaning I have to rush my morning routine which is very frustrating). I’ve been drinking lavender & camomile tea, using a lavender pillow spray & a lavender & camomile body spritz on my pyjamas and on my eye mask before I go to bed to try and help me sleep and it has really been working. I’d also really like to try a sleep balm to see if that helps too. I’ve also been monitoring my sleep patterns with the iphone app “sleep better” I absolutely love it. It shows you how much deep sleep and light sleep you’re getting and tracks your ‘sleep efficiency’ which I really like too. The app logs your sleep pattern in a diary and you can make notes about any dreams you had and how you’re feeling when you wake up. It’s a really clever app as I set my alarm and it gives you a 30min window until your alarm is set go off where it will wake you up when it’s best for you. Honestly I can’t praise this app enough, if you struggle to sleep you should definitely download it!