Hey dolls, it’s been a while but I’m back with a recipe for some lush french toast. This is a great breakfast idea (though sadly not vegan friendly). I’ve yet to find a good vegan french toast recipe so if anyone knows one let me know because I would love to try it.
- 3 egg whites, 2 yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 slices of bread (I used Rye Boule)
- 1 tsp coconut oil for cooking
To garnish (optional)
- maple syurp
- strawberries, sliced in half
- sliced peach (I used a fresh peach as instead of tinned but you can use tinned)
- any fruit you want
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add the vanilla extract
- Transfer to a shallow dish or plate
- Place the slices of bread in the egg, making sure to coat both sides and leave long enough for the egg to soak into the bread
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan on a low heat before placing the bread in
- When the bread starts to look golden turn over
- Add the sliced strawberries and peach to the pan and drizzled a small amount of maple syrup over them making sure to turn them over to make sure everything is coated.
- Once your french toast s golden on both sides take the pan off the heat and start to plate up
- I also drizzled some maple syrup over my french toast and the fruit once on the plate.
- Time to enjoy!