Happy Halloween dolls! October has just whirled by and yet again and it’s time for a new favourites post. Though this month has been uneventful travelling wise as I’ve just been working I was lucky enough to be invited to a No7 Christmas products launch at the beginning of the month and I bought quite a few things that featured in my last post FOTD: Autumn Glow. Anyway time to crack on with things I’ve been loving this month.
- Hocus Pocus: Come on dolls, you cannot have a Halloween without watching this film, and since I’m a giant wuss-puss when it comes to horror films (I just can’t do it) I watch the more kid-friendly Halloween films. I think it’s timeless and I adore it as much now at 28 as I did when I first saw it when I was 6/7. I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who doesn’t love this film as it’s just a perfect film for both adults and children.
- Forever Aloe Ever-Shield deodorant stick: I’ve been using this for just over a month now and at first I wasn’t quite sure about it but it’s grown on me and now I really like it. It doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals which aerosols do and since trying to be healthier in all aspects of my life I’ve really been wanting to back away from products that are full of chemicals.
- Almond body butter: I’ve always been a huge fan of The Body Shop’s body butters and their almond one was one of my favourites last year and I recently found a tub in my skincare collection and I’ve become addicted to it again. It makes my skin feel really soft and it smells amazing too. The nutty body butters are great as the scents are never too sickly which is great as some of the more fruity ones are a little too sweet for my taste.
- Tea-Tree & Witch Hazel 2-step pore strips: I LOVE THESE! There’s not much else I can say really. I’ve been using them over the month and they’re brilliant. the first pore strip uses active charcoal to draw out any blackheads and any oil. The second strip is a moisturising one that you leave on for 15 minutes. I really like the 2-step system as it ensures you put the moisture back into your skin that the first strip removed.
- The Devil Wears Prada: I started reading this at the beginning of October and I’ve really been enjoying it. Unfortunately instead of finishing the book before watching the film I’ve watched the film part way through reading it and now I’ve started picking up of things that are different which has annoyed me but I’m still loving this book and I’m looking forward to finishing so I can read the second book.
- Nivea Lip Butter: With the weather changing this month and becoming cooler my lips have started feeling slightly dry and because I do not want to get chapped lips I’ve been moisturising them with the Nivea lip butter in vanilla & macadamia (I am obsessed with all things vanilla). I love how soft this makes my lips feel immediately and how long it lasts, sometimes I find lip balms don’t moisturise my lips once they start feeling dry but that hasn’t been the case with this lip butter and it also makes applying lipstick
- Tanya Burr peachy glow cheek palette: I’ve been using this palette pretty much every day this month. I particularly like the bronzer which I’ve been using to contour though the whole palette is beautiful and is definitely great value for money.
- Never Forget You by Mnek & Zara Larsson: I’ve heard this on the radio pretty much every day this month and I cannot get enough of it. It’s one of those songs that when I hear it in the morning it makes me want to get up and conquer the world.