Hey dolls! So recently I made some fried chicken and it was so popular with my friends and family I thought I should post my recipe for all of you beautiful people to try. Unfortunately this recipe isn’t vegan though you can substitute the chicken for extra firm tofu to make it vegetarian friendly. This recipe is super easy and the end result tastes just like KFC! You’ll love it!!
- Plain flour 150-200g
- Pink salt (or sea salt) 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp (or to your taste)
- Cayenne pepper 2tsp (or to your taste, the more you add the spicier it’ll taste)
- 2 eggs
- 4 large chicken breasts or 1-2 blocks of extra firm tofu
- oil for cooking (I use rice bran oil or rapeseed oil)
- In two separate bowls mix the dry ingredients together and beat the eggs
- Cut the chicken breasts into chunks as big or small as you like. I personally prefer larger chunks.
- Dip your chicken chunks into the egg then dip them into the flour mix (ensuring the chicken is completely coated.
- Repeat step three once more (this ensures it’s extra crispy)
- In a large frying pan or wok add about 1cm deep of your oil and heat.
- Once the oil is heated add the chicken chunks (I cook a few at a time to ensure they all cook through) make sure the batter looks golden brown (like KFC).
- Once all the chicken is cooked I usually add them all back to the pan to heat through for a minute or too just to make sure they’re all nice and warm. Don’t worry this won’t dry the chicken out it will be absolutely Beautiful!
- Serve with fries (I love sweet potato fries) and enjoy!