Hey dolls! Recently I’ve been loving being in the kitchen. I love cooking anyway but I’ve found it so therapeutic recently just to make a mess then have created something beautiful and delicious at the end of it. I’ve wanted to make a healthy chocolate cake for a while now so I’ve been looking at a whole bunch of recipes online and this is a slightly altered version of my favourite one so I’m super excited to share this post with you.
- 100g organic cacao powder
- 100g sifted self raising flour
- 200g raw beetroot, grated
- 200g ground almonds
- 200ml melted coconut oil, cooled
- 2 tbsp agave nectar to sweeten
- 3 free range eggs
- seeds of 1 vanilla pod or 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven at 160C/320F and grease your cake tin with a little coconut oil.
- Mix the self raising flour and cacao together in a bowl.
- Whisk the eggs, melted coconut oil, agave nectar and vanilla seeds or paste together in a separate bowl until it turns light and frothy.
- Once the egg mix is light and frothy add the ground almonds to the egg mixture and mix well, then do the same with the beetroot.
- Add the cacao powder and flour mixture to the wet ingredients a spoon at a time and fold through the mixture.
- Pour the chocolate batter into a cake tin and pop in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Once this little beauty is out of the oven make sure you turn it out whilst it’s still warm (but not when it’s just been taken out of the oven).
- Serve with a handful of raspberries and sliced strawberries.
This cake is so delicious and nutritious you can have it any time of day without feeling guilty.